The Wellness Centre is a state-of-the-art centre for people with mental health and substance use concerns.
The Mental Health and Substance Use Wellness Centre is a state-of-the-art centre for people with mental health and substance use concerns that is part of the Royal Columbian Hospital Redevelopment Project.
The 75-bed centre more than doubles the number of inpatient beds available at Royal Columbian Hospital and offers outpatient services at new and expanded clinics.
Outpatient services include:
- A mood disorders clinic to support individuals dealing with anxiety, depression or bipolar disorder
- An expanded reproductive psychiatry clinic to help women and their families who need support with mental health concerns related to pregnancy or post-partum
- An expanded adolescent psychiatry clinic for youth aged 13 to 17 diagnosed with depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- A new addictions medicine and substance use clinic for people needing support with their substance use
- An expanded psychiatric urgent referral clinic for people who need urgent assessment but who do not need to be admitted to hospital
- A group therapy clinic to provide support and education in a group setting for patients who have specific clinical concerns such as depression or anxiety
- A neuropsychology clinic for people needing specialized cognitive testing and assessment
- A new electroconvulsive therapy clinic.
Referrals are made through the hospital or a mental health and substance use centre. If you would like to access services at the Mental Health and Substance Use Wellness Centre from the community, contact your local community mental health centre or your family doctor.
Parking and Transportation
Public transportation (Bus and SkyTrain) available. Limited pay parking available. Pay parking at the Wellness Centre can be accessed via Allen St.