As part of the Fraser Health forensic nursing services, the Embrace Clinic provides short-term medical care to survivors of recent violence.
The clinic provides confidential medical care with your safety and privacy in mind.
Services provided include:
Specialized, trauma-informed medical care for people who have recently experienced interpersonal violence.
- Follow-up medical care to anyone seen by the forensic nursing service or other emergency assault teams.
- Medical and modified forensic care for mature minors and adults who have experienced recent violence more than seven days ago or who do not wish to go to hospital for a full medical-forensic exam within seven days. Patients who need emergency medical care should go to their closest emergency department.
- Services include medical care and follow up of injuries, screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections, rapid HIV testing, emergency contraception (including IUD insertions), pregnancy testing, vaccinations, blood and urine tests, prescriptions and referrals to specialists and community resources as needed.
- Embrace Clinic is not a counselling service, although we will attempt to connect patients with appropriate counselling services.
- We are not a crisis or emergency medical service. Those who need crisis supports or emergency medical care should go to their closest Emergency Department.
- We cannot complete a full medical-forensic examination at our community-based clinics. Full forensic-medical examinations are done by the Forensic Nursing Service within seven days of the incident by Forensic Nurse Examiners who are on-call 24/7 at the Emergency Departments of Surrey Memorial Hospital and Abbottsford Regional Hospital.
Phone/Text: 604-807-5406 or 1-855-775-7223 (toll free in B.C.)
Hours of operation
- Must be able to consent for care.
- All genders welcome.
- Mature minors and adults. At this time we do not see pediatric clients for follow up forensic-medical care, pediatric clients should be referred to the HEAL Clinic.
Patients are encouraged to self refer by calling 604-804-5406 or 1-855-775-7223 (toll free in B.C.) or emailing: email@example.com.
For referrals from organizations or health care providers please complete and submit the referral form. Referrals must have patient consent.
Language (s) Offered
English. Translation services available by phone. Please notify us at time of booking that patient will need translation.