Supporting clients who have not responded well to traditional mental health programs and services.
Hours of operation
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Adults (19 years or older) living in communities with ACT teams, i.e. Surrey, North Delta, New Westminster, Tri-Cities, Abbotsford and Mission.
- Adults living with serious mental illness who have many complex needs, and have great difficulty managing their day-to-day tasks, most of the time (e.g. cooking, cleaning, banking, taking medications as prescribed).
- Adults who are vulnerable and at-risk of homelessness, exploitation, abuse, further deterioration of their mental health, suicide, etc.
- These adults often have other mental health and substance use issues and may be homeless or at-risk of homelessness.
- Adults who have had many visits to hospital emergency departments, admissions to hospital psychiatric care, and/or frequently use police and ambulance services.
ACT team services are not suitable for people with:
ACT team services are available in Abbotsford, Mission, Surrey, North Delta, New Westminster and the Tri-Cities. Residents of these communities can be referred for ACT team services through a community or hospital-based health care provider.
- In Surrey, South Surrey and North Delta, contact the Surrey Mental Health Outreach Program.
- In Abbotsford and Mission, contact the Abbotsford/ Mission ACT Team.
- In New Westminster and Tri-Cities (Anmore, Belcarra, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody), contact the New Westminster/Tri-Cities ACT Team.