Liberty Place is a two-storey building with a large dining room and recreation on the first floor. We serve persons with disabilities (19 to 55 years old).
Assisted living provides accommodation, hospitality and personal care services in a manner that empowers individuals with disabilities through self-determination, dignity, and freedom of choice within a safe and stimulating environment.
- 20 publicly subsidized units
- Each suite has a fridge, stove, and microwave. Residents must provide bedroom and living room furnishings as well as decorations to make their suite as comfortable as possible.
- Continental breakfast, hot lunch and dinner. Afternoon and evening snacks
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service is available, including washing of linens and towels and a light cleaning in the suite.
- In house games and activities, outings, recreational opportunities
- Motorized scooters are allowed with regulated speed limits
- Pets are permitted; pet deposit required.
- Non-smoking building; a designated smoking area (gazebo) is available outside the building.
- Transit close by; many shopping areas within easy walking/driving distance
Parking and Transportation
Eight on-site parking spots; additional on-street parking is available. Public transit nearby.
Hours of operation
Visiting hours are 6:30 am - 10:00 pm
You may be eligible if you:
- are currently a Home Health client but are finding that these services are no longer meeting your care needs
- meet the general eligibility requirements for Home Health services
- are living at risk in your current home
- are able to communicate and be understood by others
- do not behave in ways that put the safety of others at risk
- are able to take direction in an emergency
- are able to use an emergency response system
If couples wish to move into an assisted living residence, only one member needs to meet the eligibility requirements for both to move in together.
You access this service through your Home Health Office, not through the residence. Contact the Home Health Service Line at 1-855-412-2121 (open 7 days a week, 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.) to request an assessment.
- Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income (up to a maximum rate) which covers rent, hospitality services and personal care.
- Couple pay 70% of their combined after-tax income.
- Residents receiving provincial disability benefits pay a pre-determined, set rate.