Augustine House is located on scenic Arthur Drive, just minutes away from Ladner Town Centre.
Whether taking a leisurely stroll or a robust powerwalk, on the pathways winding in and around the maple and walnut trees, you’ll enjoy the breathtaking views of the countryside and Mount Baker. Owned and operated by Augustine House Society.
Augustine House is a four-storey building situated on over three acres of beautifully landscaped lawns. A grand foyer welcomes you into our reception and main lounge where nearby you will enjoy multitude of social, physical and spiritual recreational programs. A daily continental breakfast and two meals in the elegant two-storey dining room, as well as weekly housekeeping, linen and towel services and 24-hour monitoring are included in your residency fees.
The Augustine House bus will take you into town for shopping trips, out on picnics and excursions and out to special events. Our variety of multi-use lounges allow for weekly guest performances, intimate fireside chats, or privately catered events. Our onsite hair salon and barbershop, guest suite for visiting families and dry cleaning pick-up and delivery are additional amenities you may enjoy.
- 20 bachelor suites furnished with mini fridge, microwave and built in closets. Residents provide their own furnishings
- Menus rotate every four weeks and are completely changed at least twice a year for heartier meals in the fall / winter and fresh and light meals in the spring / summer. Diabetic and gluten-free meals are available.
- Air conditioning is provided throughout the main floor common areas. No central air in suites.
- Many opportunities to participate in special recreational events
- Fully accessible inside and on all the grounds surrounding the residence
- Scooters and other motorized mobility aids are not permitted in the building. Designated scooter parking room available.
- Cats and small dogs permitted with a pet care plan.
- Non-smoking residence.
- Guest suite available.
Parking and Transportation
Visitor and resident parking available. There is a public bus stop at the end of the driveway. Visitors may park for free in any visitor spots; no long-term parking is available.
Hours of operation
You may be eligible if you:
- are currently a Home Health client but are finding that these services are no longer meeting your care needs
- meet the general eligibility requirements for Home Health services
- are living at risk in your current home
- are able to communicate and be understood by others
- do not behave in ways that put the safety of others at risk
- are able to take direction in an emergency
- are able to use an emergency response system
If couples wish to move into an assisted living residence, only one member needs to meet the eligibility requirements for both to move in together.
You access this service through your Home Health Office, not through the residence. Contact the Home Health Service Line at 1-855-412-2121 (open 7 days a week, 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.) to request an assessment.
- Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income (up to a maximum rate) which covers rent, hospitality services and personal care.
- Couple pay 70% of their combined after-tax income.
- Residents receiving provincial disability benefits pay a pre-determined, set rate.