Located in Tsawwassen, KinVillage is part of a community of care owned and operated by KinVillage Association, a non-profit Society.
KinVillage is a three-story wood frame building built in 1982 and completely renovated in 2005 which provides services for seniors and older adults with disabilities.
Resident participation is invited through Tenant Council and Food Committee, as well as regular Tenant Forums. Families are encouraged to get involved at our site and volunteer with special skills and/or time.
- 68 one-bedroom suites. Larger units are available for couples. Each suite has a balcony.
- Each suite has a fridge, stove, carpets and window coverings. Residents must provide bedroom and living room furnishings as well as decorations to make their suites a home.
- Lunch and dinner are served daily as well as coffee/tea and snacks every afternoon. Meal plans are rotated regularly and reviewed by a dietitian. Special diets can be accommodated.
- Weekly housekeeping and laundering of linens is provided.
- Recreation activities are provided on a daily basis. An activity coordinator consults with residents to create social and recreational activities that suit most. Special activities include bus trips. Residents have free membership to the KinVillage Community Centre - connected to the building.
- Walk-in shower with bench in all suites and two spas in the building, each with an accessible bath tub.
- Electric wheelchairs are not permitted in the building.
- No pets but pet visits are encouraged.
- No smoking in the suites. Residents may smoke in designated outdoor smoking areas.
Assisted living cannot accommodate tenants who are unable to make decisions on their own before or who required 24-hour professional care.
Parking and Transportation
Free parking is available for residents and visitors. Public transit nearby. Shopping, services and park are within a 5-10 minute walk of the residence.
Hours of operation
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Visiting hours are flexible.
You may be eligible if you:
- are currently a Home Health client but are finding that these services are no longer meeting your care needs
- meet the general eligibility requirements for Home Health services
- are living at risk in your current home
- are able to communicate and be understood by others
- do not behave in ways that put the safety of others at risk
- are able to take direction in an emergency
- are able to use an emergency response system
If couples wish to move into an assisted living residence, only one member needs to meet the eligibility requirements for both to move in together.
You access this service through your Home Health Office, not through the residence. Contact the Home Health Service Line at 1-855-412-2121 (open 7 days a week, 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.) to request an assessment.
- Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income (up to a maximum rate) which covers rent, hospitality services and personal care.
- Couple pay 70% of their combined after-tax income.
- Residents receiving provincial disability benefits pay a pre-determined, set rate.