Seton Villa is a 19-storey building located in Burnaby.
Offers hospitality and personal assistance services to seniors and adults with disabilities. Residents must be able to move around in their own suite, facility and grounds with or without the use of mobility aids. Cannot accommodate wheelchairs.
- 28 publicly subsidized units
- Each floor has a refrigerator, microwave and washer/dryers.
- Residents provide their own furnishings.
- Three meals served daily - guest meals are available for free. Meal plans are rotated and reviewed by a dietitian. Special diets can be accommodated.
- Weekly housekeeping and weekly flat linens and one load of personal laundry is provided. Complimentary laundry machines are located on each floor.
- Residents may participate in pool exercises, library, tea and talk, exercise, card games, shopping trips, mystery trips, outings, bingo, poker, billiards, birthday and welcome teas, board games, movies, current events, crafts and shuffleboard.
- No pets allowed but pet visitors are welcome.
- Residents may smoke in the gazebo in the garden. There is no smoking in the suites or building.
- Resident-only parking on property. Street parking for visitors.
- We cannot accommodate scooters.
Parking and Transportation
Resident parking available. Street parking available for visitors.
Hours of operation
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Visiting hours are flexible.
You may be eligible if you:
- are currently a Home Health client but are finding that these services are no longer meeting your care needs
- meet the general eligibility requirements for Home Health services
- are living at risk in your current home
- are able to communicate and be understood by others
- do not behave in ways that put the safety of others at risk
- are able to take direction in an emergency
- are able to use an emergency response system
If couples wish to move into an assisted living residence, only one member needs to meet the eligibility requirements for both to move in together.
You access this service through your Home Health Office, not through the residence. Contact the Home Health Service Line at 1-855-412-2121 (open 7 days a week, 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.) to request an assessment.
- Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income (up to a maximum rate) which covers rent, hospitality services and personal care.
- Couple pay 70% of their combined after-tax income.
- Residents receiving provincial disability benefits pay a pre-determined, set rate.