A beautifully appointed six-storey concrete apartment building located on the 11-acre Menno Place campus of care. Individual apartments with balconies and many with views of Mt. Baker.
Menno Place provides services for adults.
- 41 publicly subsidized units.
- Apartment living – one and two bedroom suites with a generous balcony and European windows
- Many suites have views of Mount Baker or the north side Mission mountains
- Ample in-suite storage
- Walk-in shower
- Six lounges for recreational and social activities; pool table, library with vision reading aid, children’s play area, outside patio, puzzle rooms, family lounge;.
Café with complimentary bistro service (coffee, juice, fruit and home baked goods) – morning and afternoon
- Wellness Centre; exercise equipment, blood pressure machine, whole body vibration machine, weigh scale
- Hair Salon
- Underground parking; scooter garage
- Gardens with large water features and gazebo
- Spa bath
- Five laundry rooms (no charge for use)
- Meal plans are rotated every six weeks and reviewed by a dietitian annually
- Many recreation activities including: bus trips, walking club, card games, concerts, fitness and nutrition challenges, bible study, hymn sing, wellness workshops, medi-chair education, hearing clinics, falls prevention clinics,
- Scooter garage for parking and recharging battery. Outside use only.
- We cannot accommodate pets.
- Non-smoking building. Designated covered shelter available.
- Four guest suites available. $40/night
Assisted Living cannot accommodate tenants who are unable to make decisions on their own behalf, who are no longer safe within the routine or require 24 hour nursing care.
Parking and Transportation
Underground parkade. Visitor parking. Handicap parking available. Parking on the street
Hours of operation
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You may be eligible if you:
- are currently a Home Health client but are finding that these services are no longer meeting your care needs
- meet the general eligibility requirements for Home Health services
- are living at risk in your current home
- are able to communicate and be understood by others
- do not behave in ways that put the safety of others at risk
- are able to take direction in an emergency
- are able to use an emergency response system
If couples wish to move into an assisted living residence, only one member needs to meet the eligibility requirements for both to move in together.
You access this service through your Home Health Office, not through the residence. Contact the Home Health Service Line at 1-855-412-2121 (open 7 days a week, 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.) to request an assessment.
- Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income (up to a maximum rate) which covers rent, hospitality services and personal care.
- Couple pay 70% of their combined after-tax income.
- Residents receiving provincial disability benefits pay a pre-determined, set rate.