Dania Manor is a three-storey residence conveniently located in Burnaby. Owned and operated by Dania Home Society.
We promote aging in place, dignity, choice and independence while encouraging wellness and leisure care.
Amenities include a spacious dining room; two meals are provided daily (lunch and dinner), a luxurious spa room for weekly bathing experience, and a hair salon that is open every Wednesday. Dania Manor also has a comfortable lounge that is available for continental breakfast, coffee, and tea and socializing.
- 40 publicly subsidized units (1 one bedroom and 39 studio suites) and 10 private-pay units
- Each suite includes an apartment size refrigerator and stove. Residents must provide bedroom and living room furnishings as well as decorations to make their suite as comfortable as possible.
- Meal menu are rotated every month and are reviewed by a dietician twice a year.
- Weekly light housekeeping and flat linen service are available and included. Personal laundry service is available on a cost per load basis.
- No air conditioning is available. Residents can purchase a portable air conditioner on their own (must receive approval prior to installation).
- Our recreation coordinator consults with residents to create meaningful activities. There is a full calendar of in-house events including music and entertainment night, exercise, current events, wellness clinics, community outreach, intergenerational events and personal choice plans (reviewed monthly). Special activities may include bus trips and outings such as casino, shopping, bowling and lunch outing.
- Residents must be able to move around in their own apartment with or without the use of mobility aids. Electric wheelchairs designed for indoor use may be permitted with pre-approval of the Executive Director.
- Motorized scooters are permitted; however there is no storage area.
- Pets are allowed but limited to small pets. Residents may keep one of the following animals as pets: fish, cat or small dog (approval required)
- There is no smoking inside the building including balconies/patios; designated outdoor areas are available.
Assisted living cannot accommodate residents who are unable to make decisions on their own behalf or who require 24-hour professional care.
Parking and Transportation
Hours of operation
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Visiting hours are flexible.
You may be eligible if you:
- are currently a Home Health client but are finding that these services are no longer meeting your care needs
- meet the general eligibility requirements for Home Health services
- are living at risk in your current home
- are able to communicate and be understood by others
- do not behave in ways that put the safety of others at risk
- are able to take direction in an emergency
- are able to use an emergency response system
If couples wish to move into an assisted living residence, only one member needs to meet the eligibility requirements for both to move in together.
You access this service through your Home Health Office, not through the residence. Contact the Home Health Service Line at 1-855-412-2121 (open 7 days a week, 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.) to request an assessment.
- Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income (up to a maximum rate) which covers rent, hospitality services and personal care.
- Couple pay 70% of their combined after-tax income.
- Residents receiving provincial disability benefits pay a pre-determined, set rate.