Evergreen Timbers is a four-storey assisted living residence. Owned and operated by Langley Lions Senior Citizens Housing Society.
Evergreen Timbers has 58 publicly subsidized, carpeted, one-bedroom units with bathrooms equipped with grab bars and a walk-in shower. Also includes a full-size fridge and stove, in-unit storage and balcony.
Residents must be able to move around their own apartment with or without the use of mobility aides. Electric wheelchairs (for indoor use) may be permitted. Motorized scooter parking is available in the scooter room on the main floor.
- Residents provide their own furnishings.
- Heat and hot water included in electricity fee ($18 per month)
- Meal plans are rotated every ten week and changed to include seasonal foods. Bi-monthly chef club gathering is held to receive feedback on meals from residents and celebrate birthdays.
- Two meals plus snacks served each day.
- Weekly light housekeeping and laundering of flat linens and towels. Personal laundry machines are located on each floor. Personal laundry service can be arranged for a fee.
- Recreation / activities planned daily.
- On-site activities include bingo, crib, bridge clubs, game night, karaoke, exercise groups, computer club, reading group, arts and crafts, painting class, choir, walking club and day trips.
- BBQs are held in the park throughout the summer.
- No pets
- Smoking is not permitted in the units. Designated smoking areas are located on the grounds.
- Nearby community centre, library and churches are within walking distance. Local mall is directly behind the building with shopping and restaurants.
Assisted living cannot accommodate residents that are unable to make decisions on their own behalf, are no longer able to transfer in and out of bed, on and off the toilet, or require 24 hour professional care.
Parking and Transportation
Parking onsite. Public transit nearby.
Hours of operation
Open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
Visiting hours are flexible and not monitored.
You may be eligible if you:
- are currently a Home Health client but are finding that these services are no longer meeting your care needs
- meet the general eligibility requirements for Home Health services
- are living at risk in your current home
- are able to communicate and be understood by others
- do not behave in ways that put the safety of others at risk
- are able to take direction in an emergency
- are able to use an emergency response system
If couples wish to move into an assisted living residence, only one member needs to meet the eligibility requirements for both to move in together.
You access this service through your Home Health Office, not through the residence. Contact the Home Health Service Line at 1-855-412-2121 (open 7 days a week, 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.) to request an assessment.
- Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income (up to a maximum rate) which covers rent, hospitality services and personal care.
- Couple pay 70% of their combined after-tax income.
- Residents receiving provincial disability benefits pay a pre-determined, set rate.