Offers supportive community group programs for older adults and adults with disabilities.
Day programs for older adults and adults with disabilities offer a range of activities in a safe and caring social environment to help them live at home as independently as possible and be more involved in their community.
Day programs operate on weekdays in most communities throughout the Fraser Health region. Some programs are connected to care facilities and others are located in community places such as seniors centres.
These programs are one of the many Home Health services we offer.
What types of services are offered?
While activities vary with each program, the services offered may include:
- Therapeutic recreation activities
- Assistance with personal hygiene
- Assistance with health care needs such as nursing assessments, monitoring chronic health conditions or medications
- Social activities such as discussion groups, entertainment and crafts, as well as noon meals
- Respite for family members and others to provide a break from their care-giving responsibilities
You must meet eligibility requirements to receive Home Health services.
An assessment and referral from a Home Health professional are required to access this program. Learn more about accessing Home Health services.
Some services are provided free of charge while others include a cost based on your after tax income. Learn more about costs of Home Health services.
Translation services can be made available if sufficient notice is given. It is suggested the client arrange to have an interpreter present if understanding English is difficult.
- A Guide to Your Care
The guide includes general information about services available to help British Columbians live as independently as possible and information about end-of-life care. It also provides useful information for family and friends.
- BC Ministry of Health: Adult Day Services
Adult day services assist seniors and adults with disabilities to continue to live in their own homes by providing supportive group programs and activities in the community.