A regional resource providing support in identifying the health needs of children ages 0-18 years who may have been maltreated. Our mission is to provide expert resources in education, evaluation and consultation of maltreated children in the Fraser Health region.
- Outpatient child health assessment by a specialized team that includes physicians, nurses, psychologists, social workers, and child life specialists.
- Consultation and advice for physicians and other professionals who have concerns that a child may be at risk of abuse and neglect.
- Links to a network of physicians and other professionals specializing in the assessment and treatment of child abuse, throughout Fraser Health and beyond, including BC Children’s Hospital.
- Education about the health assessment of child abuse and neglect through regular presentations, workshops and research updates.
- Guidance and support in collecting and presenting forensic evidence of child abuse.
Referrals received from:
- Health care providers
- Police and law enforcement
- Ministry of Children and Family Development
- Delegated Aboriginal child welfare agencies
English. Translation services available upon request.