The palliative care consultation team provides care to individuals, and their families, coping with end-of-life issues.
The team will address physical, emotional and spiritual needs in order to relieve suffering and improve quality of life.
Services can be provided at home, hospital, long term care facility, or hospice. It can include grief and bereavement counselling, equipment and supplies in the home and access to a hospice residence or palliative care unit.
Support is extended to family members.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- have an advanced life-threatening illness or is facing end-of-life issues;
- have an anticipated prognosis of weeks or months, rather than years;
- agree (and/or substitute decision-maker agrees) to the referral or to consultative support
For new clients or inquiries, please contact our home health service line at 1-855-412-2121 (open 7 days a week, 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.).
If you have questions about palliative care in your community, contact:
- Abbotsford: 1-604-870-7522
- Burnaby: 604-918-7480
- Chilliwack: 1-604-795-4141 ext 612718
- Delta: 604-952-7355 ext 787355
- Hope: 1-604-860-7747
- Langley: 604-514-6182 ext 746182
- Maple Ridge: 604-476-7130
- New Westminster: 604-777-6794 ext 526794
- Surrey/ North Delta: 604-953-4995 ext 763646
- Tri-Cities: 604-777-7398
- White Rock: 604-535-4500 ext. 757425