The specialized palliative care consult team provides care to individuals and their families, coping with end-of-life issues.
The team will address physical, emotional and spiritual needs in order to relieve suffering and improve quality of life.
Services can be provided at home, hospital, long-term care facility, or hospice. It can include grief and bereavement counselling, equipment and supplies in the home and access to a hospice or palliative complex care unit.
Support is extended to family members.
To receive palliative care services, a person:
- Is 19 years or older
- Has a life expectancy of less than a year
- Is experiencing problems associated with a life-limiting illness or facing end-of-life issues
- Treatment focus is on quality of life and not curative or prolongation of life
- Agrees to Palliative Care Services
For new clients or inquiries, please contact our home health service line at 1-855-412-2121 (open 7 days a week, 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.).
If you have questions about palliative care in your community, contact:
- Abbotsford: 604-870-7522
- Burnaby: 604-918-7480
- Chilliwack: 604-795-4141 ext 612718
- Delta: 604-952-3558 press ‘1’ or ‘2’
- Hope: 604-860-7747
- Langley: 604-514-6182 ext 746182
- Maple Ridge: 604-476-7130
- New Westminster: 604-777-6794 ext 526794
- Surrey/ North Delta: 604-953-4995 ext 763646
- Tri-Cities: 604-777-7398
- White Rock: 778-545-6200