This service helps you create an action plan for your own self-care and well being while supporting another adult living with a mental health and/or substance use issue.
When in a supportive role it is very easy to place our own needs to the side while we support our family and friends living with a mental health and/or substance issue.
This service provides an opportunity for you to meet with staff in small groups and/or individually to design an action plan to make your life the way you want it to be.
See our events calendar for a list of upcoming family and friends support groups.
A family or friend is eligible for wellness planning if they meet the following criteria:
- They are a main support person to an adult (19 years or older) living with a mental illness and/or substance use issue.
- They are not being paid for the service they are providing.
Call 1-833-898-6200 to access to access the wellness planning service.
The following resources provide additional information on support for families:
- Mental Health and Substance Use Family Support: Services overview
- B.C. Schizophrenia Society: Strengthening Families Together course
- Here to Help: Supporting a family member
- Mood Disorders Society: Family support groups and resources
- Matsqui-Abbotsford Impact Society: Parent/Caregiver Group
- Here to Help: Online Wellness Self Assessment Tool
- Here to Help: Wellness Modules