Become a volunteer at Queen's Park Care Centre.
COVID-19 update: Thank you for your interest in applying to volunteer at Queen’s Park Care Centre. We are currently NOT accepting applications at this time as all volunteer programs are currently ON HOLD due to the shift in prioritization towards prevention and management of COVID-19.
Note: If you have previously applied to volunteer with us, your application will remain active in our system and will be reviewed once recruitment has recommenced.
Volunteers are important members of the health care team. They offer service and support to our patients, residents, families and visitors while enhancing the overall experience at Queen’s Park Care Centre.
Please note there may not be vacancies in some areas:
- Gift Shop (run by the Queen’s Park Health Care Volunteer Society)
- Rehabilitation programs
- Therapeutic recreation programs
- Music therapy programs
- Exercise programs (physiotherapy)
- One-to-one visitation
- Pet therapy
- Special events and site projects
Learn more about our current volunteer opportunities (keyword search: QPCC).
Spiritual Health offers spiritual and religious support to residents/patients and families as part of our mission to provide the highest quality of health care. For more information, please contact the Spiritual Health Practitioners at Queen’s Park Care Centre: David Leung at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-517-8693 or Shane Flanagan at email@example.com or 604-897-3719.
Volunteers must meet the following requirements to be a successful candidate:
- Minimum Age: 16 years (High school student applicants must be in School District 40/41)
- Minimum Commitment: Six months (Two - five hours once a week)
- A current criminal record check and two references
- Proficient in English
Complete the online application form.
- Step 1 Application: Complete the application form
- Step 2 Interview: Only candidates who qualify for available positions will be contacted for an initial interview
- Step 3 Screening: Criminal record check and references will be required
- Step 4 Orientation: Attend a volunteer orientation session
- Step 5 Placement: Training and placement following orientation