Become a volunteer at Ridge Meadows Hospital.
We are currently accepting applicants age 16+. If you are a resident of Maple Ridge or Pitt Meadows interested in volunteering, please complete an online application.
Volunteers are important members of the health care team. They offer service and support to our patients, families and visitors while enhancing patient care and the overall experience at Ridge Meadows Hospital.
Volunteers who can commit to weekly two to four hour shifts for at least eight months are encouraged to apply.
Opportunities (not all areas have vacancies)
- Ambulatory Care volunteer
- Ambulatory Care greeter
- Cast Clinic volunteer
- Code K9 Pet Therapy volunteer
- Day Program for Older Adults volunteer
- Emergency Department greeter
- Long-Term Care Recreation volunteer
- Main Entrance greeter
- TLC Visiting volunteer
- Walking Program volunteer
- Virtual Visits assistant
Volunteers must meet the following requirements to be successful candidates:
- A current criminal record check
- Proof of full vaccination for Covid-19
- Proof of seasonal flu vaccination and immunity to measles
- Minimum commitment of eight months (vacations can be accommodated)
- Ability to attend a regularly scheduled two to four-hour shift once a week
- Willingness to follow current infection control protocols
- Proficient in English
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Complete the application form and include a personal written letter of reference. Allow 30 minutes to complete your application.
- Step 1 Application: Complete the application form
- Step 2 Interview: Only candidates who qualify for available position will be contacted for an initial interview.
- Step 3 Screening: Criminal record check and references will be required
- Step 4 Orientation: Attend a volunteer orientation session
- Step 5 Placement: Training and placement following orientation
VolunTEEN program (16 - 18 years of age)
Currently on hold: If you are ages 16+ and are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, please apply directly through our acute program for independent volunteer opportunities.
The VolunTEEN Program is open to students in grades 10-12 who live and/or attend school in Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows. The application intake occurs once a year in September in partnership with School District #42 and the local private schools. For more information, students can contact their school career centre.
Ridge Meadows Hospice Society
The Ridge Meadows Hospice Society provides support and care to the individuals and their loved ones experiencing the end of life journey, grief and bereavement. Learn more on how you can become a volunteer.