Become a volunteer at Royal Columbian Hospital.
Volunteers are important members of the health care team. They offer service and support to our patients, families and visitors, while enhancing patient care and the overall experience at Royal Columbian Hospital.
Visit govolunteer.ca (keyword search Royal Columbian Hospital) to see the current available opportunities.
Volunteers must meet the following requirements to be a successful candidate:
- Customer service experience
- Proof of season flu vaccination
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Minimum commitment: 100 hours or 9 months (one shift per week on a consistent day)
- Proficient in English
- Strong communication skills
Complete the application form online.
- Step 1 Application: Complete the application form online.
- Step 2 Interview: Only candidates who qualify for the available position will be contacted for an initial interview.
- Step 3 Screening: Criminal record check and references will be required
- Step 4 Orientation: Attend a volunteer orientation session
- Step 5 Placement: Training and placement following orientation
Royal Columbian Hospital Auxiliary
Royal Columbian Hospital Auxiliary members have donated hundreds of hours of their time every year to raise money to purchase new equipment for the hospital.
There are volunteer opportunities in the gift shop, New To You thrift store, lottery booth, critical care support, patient comfort. Please indicate on your application if you would like to join the Auxiliary as a volunteer.
Pet Therapy Program
Volunteers and their pets visit selected patients. Pets must be screened by BC Pets & Friends or St. John Therapy Dog prior to placement.. Please indicate on your application form that you're interested in the Pet Therapy program and submit the Pet Registration Form.
Pacific Open Heart Program
Provides support and encouragement to open heart surgery patients. Volunteers must have undergone open heart surgery. Please indicate on your application form that you're interested in the Pacific Open Heart program.