Dr. Douglas Carrie is an anesthesiologist at the Royal Columbian and Eagle Ridge Hospitals. He has been providing cardiac anesthesia at the Royal Columbian Hospital since 1999.
Dr. Carrie shares an enthusiasm for echocardiography and cardiac physiology with his other cardiac anesthesia colleagues. During his time in practice in British Columbia he has served in a number of volunteer roles including president of the British Columbia Anesthesiologist’s Society and chairperson for Westminster Anesthesia Group.
He is an award winning teacher at the University of British Columbia, and holds the rank of assistant professor.
Areas of expertise
- Cardiac anesthesia
- MD – 1986 – University of Western Ontario
- CCFP – 1988 – Queen’s University
- FRCPC – 1995 –University of British Columbia
Awards, honours, recognition and certification
- Chancellor’s Prize – 1982 – University of Western Ontario Social Science
- UBC Department of Anesthesiology – Teacher’s Award
Department of Anesthesiology