Keeping you informed about the home support transition.
- After a review of home support services in Fraser Health, we have decided to bring these services in-house over the next year.
- Existing contracted home support services with We Care, ParaMed, Bayshore, and SE Health will not be renewed.
- Vancouver Coastal Health and Island Health are also bringing their home support services in-house.
- More Information about repatriation dates will be shared over the summer.
- Employees being repatriated have participated in town halls which outlined the reason for the change and Transfer of Employment Agreement details. Information will be provided at staff meetings over the coming weeks about how these changes will occur.
- We are working closely with the providers and Fraser Health operations to ensure a smooth transition.
- There are bi-weekly teleconference calls for Fraser Health home support and home health managers and directors. We encourage you to join these calls and ask questions.
- Over the next month, we will schedule meetings with community managers and directors to offer appropriate support.
How This May Affect You?
- This change means we can improve the way we provide home support services.
- Your Home Support teams will be expanding, and you will need additional work space and supplies to accommodate this growth. Each Community has been given instructions to find space where necessary.
What to Expect
- The home support transition team will work with local team leadership to determine how best to orient and support staff through the changes.
- Onboarding fairs will be held in the fall for all repatriated employees.
- To support operational implementation, a managers’ learning network will be created. Please watch for the email invitation.