How to set up your Windows user account.
All students and faculty/instructors accompanying groups of students with a confirmed practice education placement in the Health Sciences Placement Network (HSPnet) will receive a Fraser Health Windows user account and email address. The account information provided will be used for all future placements in Fraser Health.
Setting up your Windows user account
- All placement requests must be entered into HSPnet at least 8 weeks prior to the placement start date.
- Fraser Health destination coordinator accepts the placement.
- Educational institution placing coordinator ensures all three required fields are complete in HSPnet. Failure to provide this information may delay the placement start date.
- Student and faculty/instructor first and last name
- School email address. Personal email addresses (e.g. Hotmail, gmail, Yahoo, etc) will not be accepted.
- Exact dates of placement, which are the dates the Windows account will be active
- Every student and faculty/instructor accompanying groups of students will receive an email to their school email account with a login name and activation code approximately 28 days prior to placement start date. See sample email for students. See sample email for instructors.
- To activate the account, you must use a Fraser Health computer. You can bring the email instructions on the first day of your placement or go to one of the Fraser Health library locations listed below.
Note: Due to limited space and staffing in the library, students and faculty are asked to only stay for the time required to activate the account. Once the account is activated, students and faculty are able to access many of the FH Pulse (our intranet) resources from home. See instructions on how to access FH Pulse remotely.
Abbotsford Regional Hospital & Cancer Centre
604-851-4700 x 646828
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m
Fraser Level 1, to the right as you enter the Main Entrance
Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m, & Friday, 1:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Level 1, next to Health Records
Chilliwack General Hospital
604-795-4141 x 614437
Hours: Monday- Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Level 1, next to Doctor's Lounge and Seniors Clinic
Ridge Meadows Hospital
604-463-4111 x 552408
Hours: Tuesday, 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Basement Level, next to Outpatient Rehabilitation
Royal Columbian Hospital
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Southeast corner of the Health Care Centre Basement, in Medical Education / CARE Clinic
Surrey Memorial Hospital
604-585-5666 x 774511
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Level 3, Critical Care Tower, next to Administration
The preceptor, fieldwork educator or supervisor should have a conversation with the student and instructor/faculty regarding expectations for checking emails.
For group placements, the instructor/faculty should discuss the expectations with the Fraser Health destination coordinator.
Fraser Health email can also be accessed outside the network through webmail: https://owa.fraserhealth.ca
Make sure your account information is kept in a safe place as you will use the same account for future placements in Fraser Health
If you have a subsequent placement but have not used your account for some time, you may need to reset your password. To avoid having to reset your password, login every three months to maintain activation and reset your own password when prompted.
Need technical support?
Call Service Desk at 604-585-5544. Students will need their individual HSPnet number. If the student does not have their HSPnet number, a Fraser Health staff member may vouch for them over the phone with Service Desk.
Privacy and security
All students are expected to use their student Fraser Health Windows account at all times. Students and faculty must comply with our privacy and security policies.
- Electronic Communications Policy
- Information Security Policy
- Malicious Code Standard
- Data Leakage and Loss Prevention Standard
- Wireless Networking Standard
- Portable Storage Devices Standard (phones)
- Information Security Classification Standard
- Managing Privacy Breaches
- Confidentiality and Security of Personal Information Policy