A friendly reminder to all placing coordinators to enter post-secondary institution-based email addresses when placement requests are made.
How does this affect students and faculty?
Students and faculty/instructors have experienced difficulties in receiving their Fraser Health Windows User Account information. When entry of a PSI-based email in HSPnet is omitted, students and faculty/instructors are prevented from obtaining access to many electronic documentation systems during their placements. This results in failure to adhere to Fraser Health policies, which can place clients at risk as well as sub-optimal practice experiences for students.
What is the Fraser Health student/instructor account set-up process?
- Enter requests into HSPnet at least eight weeks prior to the placement start date.
- Verify these three mandatory fields are complete in HSPnet:
- Student and faculty/instructor’s first and last name
- PSI-based email address. Personal email addresses (e.g. Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) will not be accepted.
- Exact dates of placement for the duration all system access.
An email will be sent to the student and faculty/instructor’s PSI email addresses with a login name and activation code about 28 days prior to their placement start date.
Returning students and faculty instructors will retain the same account but will need to reset their passwords for subsequent placements.
Please contact the Student Practice Team at email@example.com