Public health will notify staff and students who need to take a specific action, such as self-monitoring or self-isolation, as a result of a COVID-19 exposure.
Public Health will contact you directly in case of any school exposure involving your child.
Public health provides case and contact management for all positive cases of COVID-19 in schools.
If you or your child have been identified as a COVID-19 positive case or close contact, be assured that Fraser Health’s Public Health team will contact you directly and provide further instruction.
Contact tracing in schools
If a student or teacher receives a confirmed positive COVID-19 test result, Public Health follows a rigorous protocol:
- Public health will investigate to determine if there were any potential close contacts within the school.
- If it is determined that there are close contacts within the school, public health will notify the school administrators and request information to assist with contact tracing and provide guidance on what steps should be taken.
- Public health may then:
- Recommend 14-day self-isolation if necessary
- Recommend self-monitoring for symptoms if necessary
- Provide follow-up recommendations if necessary
- Schools will ensure students who are required to self-isolate are able to continue their educational program. Together, schools and public health officials will determine if any other actions are necessary.
- Parents, caregivers and families will be notified by public health if their child is determined to be a close contact of a COVID-19 positive person.
If you do not receive a phone call or letter from Public Health, your child should continue to attend school. Please monitor your child for COVID-19 symptoms daily.
Learn more about how contact tracing works for schools on the BCCDC K-12 Schools website.
Video Q&A's with Dr. Ariella Zbar
Get answers to several of your most common questions about returning to school during COVID-19.
Fraser Health updates this list if an outbreak at a school is declared. When an outbreak is over, the school is removed from the list.
|Date||School district||School name|
|No active outbreaks at this time.|