What to do during a fire alarm while visiting a long term care facility.
Family information - what you need to know
Rest assured, our care buildings are well protected, and all employees are trained to respond to fire emergencies. If there is a fire emergency, staff members will assist you to a safe location, which could mean staying where you are.
Let’s explore some of the training and features that help protect you.
- Monthly fire drills
- Fire safety inservices
- 24/7 online fire safety training
- Fire safety orientation for new hires
- Automatic sprinklers
- Smoke detectors and fire alarms
- Fire/smoke separation zones
- Automatic alarm call to the Fire Department
- Fire extinguishers in key areas
What should you do?
If the fire alarm rings:
- Follow the directions of staff members
If you discover a fire:
- Immediately notify a staff member
- Move to a safe location
Contact fire safety at firstname.lastname@example.org