Tips to help you spring clean your lifestyle to boost health and vitality.
Spring is the perfect time to shake up your winter routine and put some spring back in your step. Whether it's lightening up your plate or getting back to outdoor play, here are ways to kick start your spring.
Spring clean your body and mind
Spring signals to many of us that it's time to clean up our homes, shake up our habits and tune up our health and fitness. Here are some ways to get healthy in mind and body, safely.
- Move from mindless to mindful eating. Tips to improve your relationship with food.
- Establish healthy eating patterns. Form new habits to support your nutrition goals.
- Make water your drink of choice. Advice for drinking more water and less sugar.
- Power up with a plant based diet. Tips on how to switch to a vegan diet safely.
- Spring clean your body. Three nourishing steps to total nutrition and spring wellness.
- Match your food to your mood. Tips for eating well to ward off the blues.
- Shake off the sugar. How to cut sugar from your diet to boost your health.
- Follow Canada’s new Food Guide. Check out the changes and perk up your plate.
Get outside and play
Warmer spring weather is a perfect time to get outside and be more active.
- Tips to keep spring break fun, fresh and active. Playgrounds, parks, trails and more.
- Walk your way to health. A guide to local walking adventures for all generations.
- Take control of screen time. Establish healthier screen time habits for better health.
- Unplugged. Kid-approved, off-screen activities for afterschool and weekends.
- 7 ways to fill 7 days with active spring break activities. Get outside and banish boredom.
- April showers bring May vegetable gardens. Tips to start spring container gardening.
In your rush to get back to exercising outdoors, don’t forget your safety gear.
- Bike safety. Tips to keep you and your family safe while biking.
- Window safety for children. Tips to prevent falls from windows and balconies.
- Eight ways to spot a concussion. How parents can spot a concussion during spring sports.
- Sun and heat safety. How to stay safe in the sun and ways to beat the heat.
- Insect bites and stings. How to avoid bites and stings and what to do.
- Tick bites and diseases. How to avoid tick bites and remove them.
- Travel immunizations. Ensure immunizations are up-to-date before leaving on spring break.