Read details on projects and timelines
Emergency Department Renovation and Redesign
Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre is undergoing an emergency department renovation and redesign to meet the growing needs of the community and improve care for patients.
The new emergency department will feature:
- Dedicated treatment area for mental health and substance use patients
- Renovation to existing triage system to improve registration and flow of patients
- Dedicated stretcher bays and creation of nurse substation to better manage and support patients arriving by ambulance
- Relocated ambulance bays to improve access for patients and staff
- Improved space for trauma, cardiac and acute care
Construction on the emergency department is scheduled to begin in Fall 2019 and is projected to be complete in Summer 2021.
During renovations, the hospital and emergency department will remain open and continue to provide safe, exceptional care and support to patients and families.
Interested in joining one of our hospital teams?